2

My blog has moved!

3

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://breezybakes.com
and update your bookmarks.

4

Monday, December 30, 2013

Cinnamon Chip Applesauce Cookies

I've been meaning to post the recipe for Cinnamon Chip Applesauce Cookies ever since I posted my Apple Pie A La Mode Cupcakes but I just haven't gotten around to it. The holidays really throw you for a loop. We just got back from Utah last night after driving for 13 hours with two kiddos. And the fun doesn't even stop there. Just when you are so relieved to finally pull up to your house, thinking this day is finally done, you realize, "oh yeah, now I have to unload my car, unpack my clothes and reorganize my entire house to fit all the loot the grandparents gave the kids." Although we could not be more grateful for all those toys and books! But really, I spent five hours working nonstop this morning attempting to put things away and clean my house, and you can't even tell I've done a single thing. Still two bags to unpack!

To top that work off, I got to shove my kids back in the car this afternoon for an hour drive to meet with a pediatric gastroenterologist for Braelyn. You should have seen Braelyn's face when she had to get back in the car today. Haha! She about freaked out and made darn sure "we're staying in Arizona still, right?!"

So, what am I doing right now at 5:00 in the evening instead of touching those two suitcases laying in my bedroom? I'm popping a frozen lasagna in the oven (one I made previously), sitting Braelyn in front of the TV, sticking Emry in the crib for an evening nap, and me...I'm sitting my good old lazy bum right down in front of this computer and pretending like I just pulled these soft warm cookies out of the oven. Yep, sounds good to me.


Cinnamon Chip Applesauce Cookies
 
Ingredients:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 egg
1 cup applesauce (I use unsweetened)
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1 bag Hershey's cinnamon chips (10 oz.) or
 
Alternative mix-ins:
1 cup raisins (soak in applesauce while making batter) and 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
2 cups chocolate chips
 
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl cream together the brown sugar, shortening and egg.
2. In a separate bowl mix together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
3. Add half the applesauce to the sugar mixture until combined. Add half the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix until combined. Add the last half of the applesauce and mix until combined. Add the last of the flour mixture and mix until just combine.


4. Gently fold in the cinnamon chips. Line baking pans with parchment paper and scoop dough into 1" globs (nice word huh?! They won't form balls, so don't worry about that) and place at least 1" apart.


5. Bake for 11-15 minutes until barely stiff with the touch of a finger and lightly brown. Slide parchment paper with cookies onto cooling racks to cool.

*Makes about 60 cookies




No comments:

Post a Comment