2

My blog has moved!

3

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://breezybakes.com
and update your bookmarks.

4

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

"Nom, Nom, Nom!"

Nom, nom, what?! I'll admit I just barely figured out what that meant. I was legitimately confused when I would see people posting food pics on their Instagram and Facebook accounts with the caption "nom, nom, nom". I had no clue what it meant. It wasn't until I watched a Jimmy Falon and Justin Timberlake skit online, poking fun at our society's hashtag obsession, that I put two and two together. That's the sound Cookie Monster makes when he's scarfing down handfuls of cookies! And boy is that sound dead on when your stuffing your mouth with an especially delicious homemade cookie. Or at least that's how Braelyn sounds anyway.

My poor little miss has been deprived of a really good soft and chewy cookie for a few months now. Sure she's just a kid and, in reality, anything with sugar will probably suffice her overly active sweet tooth. But, I'd like to think that there is no replacement for a warm, fresh out of the oven, chocolate chip cookie. And, for me, there is no replacement for baking cookies with my favorite sous chef by my side. So with these two "must haves" this perfectly gluten free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie was born.

I was so proud of this cookie that I even left free samples on my doorstep for friends to stop by and try. Too bad it was already in the 80's in Phoenix in February so they got a little soft and melty. However, the reviews were good and I think, no I'm confident, you'll agree that this simple little cookie will have you saying "nom, nom, nom" with every bite! And to my sweet Braelyn Boo, I love you my little Cookie Monster!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter, room temperature
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 cup sweet rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 tsp. xanthan gum
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups rolled oats (gluten free)
2 1/4 cups or one bag chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a stand mixer add butter, shortening, sugar, brown sugar and eggs. Cream together until smooth. Add vanilla and buttermilk and mix until incorporated.

 
2. In a separate bowl whisk together coconut flour, sweet rice flour, potato starch, corn starch, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt.

 
3. Add flour mixture to mixing bowl and mix until combined. Pour in rolled oats and chocolate chips. Stir until evenly distributed.

 
4. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Scoop into 1 inch balls and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, rotating pan after 7 minutes of cooking.

 
5. Remove from oven and let cool. Enjoy with an ice cold glass of milk. Really, is there any other way???
 
Makes about 64 cookies





No comments:

Post a Comment